Welcome to our Blessure Serum Blog, where we share healthy and delicious recipes that are sure to nourish your body and soul. Today, we’re excited to share a Moroccan Chicken recipe that is not only tasty but also loaded with health benefits.
Moroccan cuisine is known for its rich spices and flavors, and this chicken dish is no exception. It’s packed with lean protein and loaded with vegetables, making it a well-rounded meal that is perfect for any time of the day.
To start, you’ll need to gather the following ingredients:
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, ginger, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken breasts.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add the carrots, bell pepper, zucchini, and chickpeas, and sauté for another 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chicken broth, dried apricots, raisins, honey, and lemon juice to the skillet. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the top. Cover the skillet and let it simmer for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is heated through.
- Serve the Moroccan chicken hot, garnished with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
This Moroccan chicken recipe is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. The lean protein from the chicken helps to build and repair muscle, while the vegetables provide fiber, vitamins, and minerals that support overall health. The addition of dried fruit, such as apricots and raisins, adds a touch of sweetness and also provides antioxidants that help to reduce inflammation in the body.
We hope you enjoy this healthy and flavorful recipe. Let us know in the comments below how it turned out for you!